06 Jul How to lose weight before your wedding? Easy way!
[ATTENTION]: 2020 BRIDE!!!
If you have an intimate wedding or an elopement coming up this year and you’ve noticed the dang quarantine has got you gain those extra lbs, this is for you! So keep reading!
Before getting into the easy way to lose it all for your wedding, we need to understand what makes you gain the extra weight in the first place. Because no solution will be effective if we don’t understand what causes the problem right?
There are several factors that can contribute to weight gain during this strange time that’s called quarantine:
Your average daily calorie intake is more than how much you burn.
That means you are eating more calories than how much you averagely burn on a daily basis. Ok, you may want to ask ‘what are the foods that have lower calories and basically what should I eat instead?’ Don’t worry, I’ll explain that a little bit more later.
According to WebMD, levels of “the stress hormone,” cortisol, rise during tension-filled times (like what we are going through right now!). This can turn your overeating into a habit. Because increased levels of the hormone also help cause higher insulin levels, your blood sugar drops and you crave sugary, fatty foods.
Think about how jam packed all the fast food drive through places have been since mid-March and you won’t be surprised at all!
Not to mention, the stress caused by Covid-19 on your wedding from talking to all the wedding vendors to all your wedding guests, or even have to postpone it after all. It’s a lot!
Lack of quality sleep
Talking about sleep, have you experienced disrupted or sleepless nights in the last few months because of worries or stress?
According to thesleepdoctor.com, ‘Lacking sleep, you experience multiple changes to your body that can lead to weight gain. Sleep deprivation causes changes to hormones that regulate hunger and appetite. The hormone leptin suppresses appetite and encourages the body to expend energy. Sleep deprivation reduces leptin.’
So basically when you don’t get quality sleep regularly, your body has less energy and wants to eat more and more often!
Lack of regular exercise
I know, with all the gyms being closed for the last several months, and all the social distance requirement, it’s not easy to get your workout done like before.
Okay, I hope at this point, you have a better understanding of what may have caused you to gain the extra weight.
Before we dive into how to successfully lose weight for your wedding day once and for all, let’s talk about 1 big myth – exercise!
Do you know how many calories you are burning with different types of exercises?
Here are some calorie-burning numbers for weight loss exercises that can be done during quarantine:
- Jogging: A 140-pound person running at a 10-minute mile (roughly six miles per hour) will burn 318 calories in 30 minutes.
- Walking: about 178 calories per 30 minutes for a 120-pound person (17 min/mi).
- Biking: biking at a moderate speed of 12 to 13.9 miles per hour will cause a 155-pound person to burn 298 calories in 30 minutes (According to Harvard University).
- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training): For a full 21 minutes HIIT workout, you could burn 189-273 calories. If you’ve ever tried HIIT workout before, you know it’s super intense and you won’t last more than 25-30 minutes per time!
The conclusion is the common 30 minutes workout burns anywhere from 170 to 300 calories.
Did you find it surprising that workout doesn’t burn as many calories as you thought it would? Don’t get me wrong, regular exercise is great for your body and your overall health. But if your goal is to lose weight through exercise, you have to start as early as possible and be disciplined enough to combine that with a weight loss diet plan.
On the other hand, have you noticed you tend to eat more and get hungrier more often when you workout a lot?
If you’ve been working out regularly and didn’t notice any weight loss, you may be still consuming more calories than you burn on a daily basis.
AND, here’s a sad truth, according to times.com, on average, 92% of restaurants take out meals contains 1,205 calories! If you eat take outs a few times a week, this may just be where the extra calories come from.
Now that’s out of the way, are you ready to explore the solution on how to lose weight for your wedding?
Let’s be honest for a second, the biggest impact on your weight loss will be what you put in your body. So the golden rule is: 80% of your result comes from the food you eat and the nutrition you put in your body. 20% of it comes from exercise. Not the other way around!
I mean, do you know someone who works out 1 hour a day 7 day a week, and never seem to lose weight? I sure do, and this is exactly why!
So let’s focus on the 80%, the needle mover, your diet!
Eat healthy/balanced meals and make sure your calorie intake is lower than the amount you burn on a daily basis.
Here are some examples of 19 Healthy Dinners Under 500 Calories That You’ll Actually Want To Eat
- Lentil Pasta With Arugula Pesto.
- Crock Pot Cauliflower Chicken Chili.
- Sweet Potato Burger With Creamy Avocado.
- Turkey-Basil Meatballs With Collard Greens.
- Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats.
- Shaved Asparagus Salad With Shallots and Fried Eggs.
Click here to view the receipt.
If you are too busy to cook or don’t enjoy cooking as much, here are some alternative choices:
- Meal delivery: Trifecta is a great one! Their meals are portion-controlled to keep calories within a desirable range for most diets, averaging 350 to 500 calories per meal depending on the plan you choose. A La Carte comes out to $6 per meal with a minimum of $119 per delivery.
- If you are in a hurry to lose weight for your wedding in 30-60 days, I highly recommend replacing your two meals daily meals with two nutrition dense meal replacement shake PLUS a balanced meal for lunch or dinner!
I personally love this and here is why :
- On average, people use this approach lose 24-pounds in a 12 week period.
- $3.3 per shake (it’s actually a nutrition dense meal), which is much cheaper than any healthy meal you can buy or even cook by yourself.
- It keeps you full for 3-4 hours and it reduces cravings for sweets and fast foods which you know are the weight loss killers.
- Taste amazing (it tastes like milk shakes) and vegan option are available as well!
- Super convenient for travel!
- The common results I’ve heard from others:
✅ My body feels lit up with so much more energy,
✅ My bloating is gone.
✅ Sleeping better!!! .
Read more on how it works and see the results here!
On top of your nutrition plan, to keep your stress level at bay, it’s super important to have a regular schedule even though you may be working from home. And that includes your sleeping schedule as well. If wedding planning and rescheduling is giving you a lot of stress, you may want to connect with friends and family more often and talk about what’s on your mind. Find a coach if you need to! (We offer life-coaching services as well, Just send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you. First session FREE).
Last but not least, set a schedule for a 20-30 minutes exercise 5-6 times a week. The key here is to do something you really enjoy. Whether that’s jogging, walking, hiking or jump on a trampoline! Once you stick with the schedule for 7-14 days, you will notice a big difference on your sleep quality as well.
Final words: No matter what approach you try to loss weight for your wedding, it’s important to find what works the best for your schedule, your budget and most of all, your needs! There’s no better time for self-care than right now my friend. Remember, we’ve got your back! Write to us if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Until next time, stay beautiful and healthy!